The State of Virginia requires:
- A license that can be obtained from any Court House in the State.
- Both parties have to be present for this license.
- Proof of age (picture ID) is required.
- No proof of divorce is necessary.
- The license has to be presented to the officiant before the ceremony.
Court House hours and license cost:
- Most Court Houses are open daily 8:30-5:00pm Monday – Friday, unless the day is a State holiday.
- The fee for the license is $30.00.
- The license is good for sixty (60) days.